How to Apply
The Patterson Foundation makes it easy for you to apply for a grant online. Please read the instructions below before starting the application process. If your organization is applying for a renewal grant, please contact the Patterson Foundation at 651-686-1929 or email@example.com to be given access to our renewal application form. If you are seeking funding for a local Mission of Mercy event, please click here to learn more about our application process for MOM events.
Step 1: Review Our Mission & Guidelines
- Programs that relate directly to the Patterson Foundation's primary interests are most likely to receive funding.
- At this time, funding for start-up costs or new projects will be considered only if the grant will reduce operating expenses or will expand capacity without increasing costs.
- Please contact us if you have questions regarding our mission and guidelines. We will gladly assist you in determining if your program qualifies for consideration.
Step 2: Create an Account
- Select one email address and password to be used for all applications.
- We recommend that you use the email address of the person responsible for administration of the grant. The Patterson Foundation will send all communications to this email address.
Step 3: Letter of Inquiry
- The first step in our application process is to complete the letter of inquiry form.
- Our staff will review your letter of inquiry. If your program appears to further the goals of Patterson Foundation as stated in our guidelines, you will be asked to complete our online application.
Step 4: Grant Application
- If your organization is invited to complete the grant application form, our staff will help determine the best date to submit your application for review by our Board of Directors.
- Your application must be submitted by 11:59 (CST) on the day of the deadline.
- You may be contacted by our staff for additional information about your request.
Step 5: Final Decisions Are Made
- Most applications require 60 to 90 days for consideration, depending upon when the Patterson Foundation Board meets to consider requests.